Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bacon and Doodles

Started the day strong with a hearty breakfast of grease at Goodie's Good Eats (Formally known as Goodie's II) with my family today! It was great. Alma and I both got the French Toast (mmm), but I got mine with 2 Bacons (droooool) and Al got hers with scrambled eggs (not as good as bacon). After this meal, I had enough fuel for packing and hauling boxes for my friends' "moving party" for five hours today. Whew -- that was a good workout. Thankfully, my hard work was rewarded with pizza from Mountain Mikes (yeah, I've fallen off the diet wagon today...) After gorging myself on pizza, I came home for a relaxing evening coloring in my totally awesome "Doodles: A Really Giant Coloring and Doodling Book" by Taro Gomi. After completing a few masterpieces, I realized how much my sister's "doodles" made my masterpieces look like doodle-crap! Here are a few examples:

Exhibit A: my series of drawings that I thought looked super-duper!
Exhibit B: Alma's series of drawings! Geez -- why did she have to use EVERY color in the coloring box and totally show me up?!! I think my favorite is the "nose" picture -- that's Claire.
Exhibit C: Alma's stripey, colorful, giraffe.
(sorry it's sideways! I'm too lazy right now to fix it...)
Exhibit D: My sad excuse for a giraffe. At least it has cute shoes...

2 comments:

  1. Wow you guys I love these! I didn't realize Alma had such a strong sense of color - I really love her choices of complimentary backgrounds to the foreground elements in Exhibit B haha they really work. Her rainbow giraffe is really great too - it looks like she's pretty good at blending colors pretty seamlessly. Better than me anyway. And as for you Jennie I love the attitude in your drawings, even if these are just colored in. The giraffe's expression is hilarious haha and I love your simple cartoons especially the pig haha! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, this is a really cool blog! It feels like the wacky adventures in the life of Jennie. Keep it up! I want to see more!

    Can't wait to see you guys soon!

    PS I love you profile pic. Mean kitty!

    ReplyDelete