Monday, January 3, 2011

This is the Beginning of my Shoooowww!!

My New Year's resolution is to Take Better Care of Myself.  I'm loosely following Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project, a great and inspiring book/blog.  I'm using this blog to track my progress and keep myself mindful of my resolution. I don't intend on blogging everyday -- but I would prefer no gaps larger than 3 days.

This month, I'm focusing on the following:

1. Jennie the Human -- get 8 hours of sleep every night!
2. Work -- no internet at work except at lunch or after I'm off the clock. This means Facebook, Gmail, and anything else not related to work!

To me, resolutions are about making habits. These are the top two habits I'd like to form that I think will really impact my general quality of life and peace of mind.  I also aim to add 30 minutes of physical activity to my list, but I don't want to push it.  One of the things I have realized about myself over the past (crappy) year is that I tend to overdo everything. I take on too much work, I expect too much from myself, and I end up being disappointed and ultimately depressed. Nevermore!

This past week off has been phenomenal. I had such a great time visiting with friends and just enjoying life. My mind feels clear, I can let go, and just be happy. I want to preserve this feeling for as long as I possibly can.

**Today I am Thankful For:**
My house! I have the best house with 2 beautiful kitties and 1 handsome G. I complain about the mess, but it's comfortable and lovely. I stay warm, the kitties purr, and G cooks. What more could I ask for?!

No comments:

Post a Comment